Roller Shutters Adelaide
Our roller shutters in Adelaide are one of the best window shutters available on the market.
At Bargain Shutters and Blinds, we ensure that all our roller shutters have excellent quality features that will:
- Help you save money on your bills: Window roller shutters give extra protection from the heat during the summer and keep heat in during the winter thanks to their insulation properties.
- Provide an extra layer of protection for you and your loved ones: Bargain roller shutters are made of strong aluminium so they are not easily broken or taken apart. They can give you protection from criminals who might try to break in through windows and doors.
- Enhance your home’s style: Window roller shutters are cut perfectly to size to fit any window. Our roller shutters provide the perfect option for most households in Adelaide.
Fill out the contact form to get a quick and easy quote from us!
We are happy to provide a full estimate over the phone or a FREE home measure
Choose the best way to control your roller shutters
With battery, manual, or electric options for controlling your shutters, there is always an option to suit everyone’s preference. Personally, our favourite and recommended control type would be the battery.
Battery-operated roller shutters ensure you have their full operation even during a power cut, and without the manual operation of a hand winder which can take time and energy to roll up and down.
On the other hand, our motorised roller shutters are also some of the most robust, quiet, and high performings on the market, ensuring that our product needs very little maintenance and their most essential parts will last for years.
Our best roller shutters in Adelaide can sit on your windows for years and never stand the harsh Adelaide weather.
Roller Shutters FAQ
The cost of a roller shutter unit varies depending on the size, material, and quality of the shutter. Prices can range from $150 to over $1,000 per unit. Installation costs are additional and can also vary depending on the complexity of the installation and the location.
Yes, roller shutters can help keep your house warm by providing an additional layer of insulation. They create a barrier between the window and the shutter, which helps to prevent heat loss through the windows. This can lead to lower energy bills and a more comfortable living environment.
– Cost: Roller shutters can be expensive to purchase and install, especially for high-quality units.
– Maintenance: They require regular maintenance, such as cleaning and lubrication, to ensure smooth operation and to prevent damage.
– Aesthetics: Some people may find roller shutters unattractive or too industrial-looking for residential use.
– Limited window access: Roller shutters can make it more difficult to access windows for cleaning or maintenance.
– Potential for mechanical failure: As with any mechanic system, roller shutters can experience breakdowns or malfunctions.
The lifespan of roller shutters depends on the quality of the materials and the level of maintenance they receive. However, with proper care and maintenance, roller shutters can last around 15 to 20 years or more.
Factors such as exposure to harsh weather conditions, frequency of use, and quality of installation can also affect their longevity.
Shutters are generally more expensive than blinds due to their materials, construction, and installation costs. However, the price difference can vary depending on the quality and style of the shutters. While shutters may have a higher upfront cost, they can be a more durable and long-lasting option than blinds.
Roller shutters can help reduce noise pollution by creating a barrier between the window and the shutter. The insulation provided by the shutters helps to absorb sound waves, reducing the amount of noise that enters your home. While roller shutters may not completely block out all noise, they can significantly reduce the impact of external sounds, such as traffic or loud neighbours.
Yes, roller shutters can act as a deterrent for burglars. They provide an additional layer of security for your home or business by creating a physical barrier that is difficult to break through. The sturdy construction and locking mechanisms of roller shutters make it challenging for intruders to gain access, and their visible presence can discourage potential burglars from attempting a break-in.
There are several alternatives to roller shutters for window treatments and security purposes:
– Security bars or grilles: These can be installed on the exterior or interior of windows to provide a physical barrier against intruders.
– Security screens: Similar to security bars, these are made from high-strength mesh material and can be installed on windows and doors for added security.
– Window film: Security window film can be applied to existing windows to strengthen the glass and make it more resistant to breakage.
– Blinds and curtains: While not as secure as roller shutters, blinds and curtains can provide privacy and light control. Some options, such as blackout blinds or heavy curtains, can also offer a degree of insulation.
– Plantation shutters: These are a more decorative alternative to roller shutters and can provide some security benefits, such as preventing easy access to windows.
The lifespan of a roller shutter depends on the quality of materials, installation, and maintenance. However, with proper care and regular maintenance, roller shutters can last 15 to 20 years or more. Factors such as harsh weather conditions, frequency of use, and the quality of installation can also affect their longevity.
If you want your roller shutters to last longer, it’s important to keep them clean and well-lubricated and address any issues promptly.
– Noise reduction: Roller shutters can help reduce noise pollution for those living near busy roads, train tracks, airports, or areas with frequent loud activities, such as construction sites or venues hosting events.
– High sun exposure: Roller shutters can protect homes and businesses in areas with high sun exposure, such as desert regions, tropical climates, or locations at high altitudes. Examples of such areas include Queensland and Western Australia.
– Security: Roller shutters provide an additional security layer for homes and businesses in areas with higher crime rates or where break-ins are a concern. This may include urban centres, industrial areas, or neighbourhoods with a history of property crime.
– Weather protection: People living in areas prone to severe weather, such as hurricanes, tropical storms, or hailstorms, may choose roller shutters for added protection.
– Energy efficiency: Roller shutters can help improve energy efficiency in homes and businesses by providing insulation and reducing heat transfer through windows.
– Privacy: Roller shutters can offer privacy for homes and businesses located near busy pedestrian areas, such as shopping centres, tourist attractions, or densely populated neighbourhoods.
– Light control: People who work night shifts or have specific light-sensitive requirements may choose roller shutters to block out light when needed.
By considering their specific needs and the unique conditions of their location, people can determine if roller shutters are the right choice for their homes or businesses.
Another great option for light control is Midnight Blinds.